NEW backup method implemented ....
We suggest that you print this out now and keep it. Then when you have a problem you can refer to your printed copy of this page. If you don't find the answer on your printed copy of this page then go back and look at the page on the internet as we may have updated it since you printed it. If you can see that we HAVE updated it and that there is more useful information on the page then you may like to print it again to update your printed copy.
Before printing the page you might like to click on the VIEW menu and then TEXT SIZE and then SMALLEST in order to automatically reduce the number of printed pages that it takes to provide a hard copy of this page.
F.A.Q. - Frequently Asked Questions about Importing Bank Statements
Importing Bank-SA Internet Banking StatementsTop
To import your BANK-SA statements into Rent Master or Ausbroker you need to do the following...
- In Internet Explorer go to http://www.banksa.com.au
- Select Business Banking On-line
- Click the LOGON button
- Enter Your User Name and Password
- Click on the ACCOUNT button
- Click on the STATEMENT option
- Click on EXPORT
- Select the account to export
- Enter the From and To Dates for what you want to export
- File Format is Comma Separated Values (BS5) or Fixed Format (BS4) (See below)
- Date format is dd/mm/yyyy
- Click on the EXPORT button
- Click on the CONFIRM button
- Click on the SAVE button
- Enter the file name and location for where you wish to save the data (see below)
- If it says that the file exists - replace (Yes/No) then click on YES
- Close Internet Explorer Window
You can export the data into EITHER CSV (Comma Separated Values) format (in which case you need to set the bank import screen to use format BS5) or Fixed Format (in which case you need to set the bank import screen to use format BS4). It doesn't matter to Rent Master or Ausbroker which format you use as long as you tell the bank import screen the correct format. The CSV format can be useful if you want to look at the data in Microsoft Excel otherwise for the Fixed format data you'd be better to look at it using Windows Notepad.
Note that we suggest saving the file to one of the following locations and names
- C:\RENTMSTR\BANKSA.CSV (if you export in CSV format for import into Rent Master)
- C:\RENTMSTR\BANKSA.TXT (if you export in Fixed format for import into Rent Master)
- C:\BROKER\BANKSA.CSV (if you export in CSV format for import into Ausbroker)
- C:\BROKER\BANKSA.TXT (if you export in Fixed format for import into Ausbroker)
Processing Your Imported Bank StatementsTop
Once you have imported your bank statement information you can then process the transactions.
- Click on the VIEW UNPOSTED TRANSACTIONS to view the data just imported to make sure it's OK
- Click on the PROCESS RECEIPTS button to post the receipts
- Click on the PROCESS CHEQUES button to present the cheques.
- Click on the VIEW ERRORS to see what data couldn't be posted.
- Print the errors and then go and enter these into your system manually.
- Click the FLAG UNPOSTED DATA option to indicate that you have manually posted all of the entries which couldn't be posted automatically.
The system can match up tenant receipts because you will have entered the tenant's AGENT NUMBER (which is the number of the card issued to them by you) into the tenant screen. It is entered into the AGENT EFT ID data entry field on the BANKING screen in the EDIT TENANT function.